Coming of Age in Community
free public info session for parents and teens
For tens of thousands of years human cultures have used rites of passage to celebrate, mark and facilitate important life transitions. Unique and especially important among these, coming of age initiatory practices (aka puberty rites) welcome the younger generations into the next stages of life and perform vital functions for individuals and their societies.
At Journeymen we are committed to bringing awareness of these valuable tools more broadly into our modern world. We welcome you to join us for a free public info session covering the following topics:
- What is a rite of passage?
- Who participates in a rite of passage?
- What are the benefits of a rite of passage?
- What is special or unique about youth rites of passage?
- How can I get involved in this work?