Circle Tending I: Intro to Group Mentoring
“Inside of this circle, there are no corners to hide” – Allen Stone
AN INTRODUCTION TO YOUTH GROUP MENTORING & CIRCLE FACILITATION
CT-1 is offered to adult men wishing to advance their skills in circle facilitation and youth group leadership. Your experience will prepare you to serve as a mentor in one of Journeymen’s school-based mentoring groups (CIRCLES) and is the first step toward becoming a volunteer mentor, paid staff or lead facilitator with Journeymen.
Active mentors will be supported in their own personal and professional development through apprenticeship, monthly calls, and ongoing training opportunities.
This training is team-facilitated by Journeymen CIRCLES leads. Introductions and facilitator bios will be sent out with course info after registration.
KEY BENEFITS :
- Understanding the basic framework for effective group/circle facilitation
- Experience facilitating circle sharing and/or group activities
- Overview of adolescent development in the context of school-based mentoring
- An introduction to the role of trauma-informed care in youth work
- Awareness of cross-cultural issues in youth work