- 1 in 3 young men have no positive male figure
- Boys with no role model are 2x as likely to turn to crime
- 1 out of 3 boys say they lack a sense of identity
- Boys are 3.5x more likely to commit suicide than girls
- Boys are less likely to apply to, attend, and graduate from college than their female peers
Recognizing that western society is struggling to properly welcome boys into manhood, Journeymen creates these necessary transformational experiences for adolescent boys to discover, refine, and amplify their authentic selves.
We encourage compassionate, inspired and resilient young men through nature-based rites of passage, mentorship, and community engagement.
Through these initiatives, Journeymen is deeply committed to fostering equitable and regenerative communities that address many of modern society’s most prominent issues, namely, sexual assault, violence against women, and the excessive abuse of natural resources.